Finance Complaint Procedure
If you’re not completely happy with our service we’d like to hear about it so we can do something to put it right.
We do everything we can to make sure our customers get the best products and service possible, however, sometimes we understand that we may not get things right. If this happens, please let us know.
We want to:
- Make it easy for you to tell us what went wrong
- Give your complaint the attention it deserves
- Resolve your complaint without delay
- Provide you with the right outcome to your complaint
How & where to complain
If you are not satisfied with any aspect of our service or products you can tell us in the following ways:
In-person – Visit our office at the practice address: Orthodontic Gallery, 128 Woodford Avenue, Ilford, Essex, IG2 6XA.
We are open:
Monday: 09:00 – 17:00
Tuesday: 09:00 – 17:00
Wednesday: 08:30 – 19:00
Thursday: 08:30 – 16:30
Friday: 09:00 – 17:00
Saturday: 08:00 – 14:00
In writing – write to us at the practice address: Orthodontic Gallery, 128 Woodford Avenue, Ilford, Essex, IG2 6XA and address your letter to Charlotte Franklin, Complaints Manager.
By telephone – call us on 0208 551 9336 during our office hours and ask for the Complaints Manager.
By email – using the practice email address: email@example.com
How long will it take?
We always aim to resolve complaints in a timely manner and to the satisfaction of all concerned. We endeavour to resolve complaints quickly, through thorough investigation.
Please see the timeframes below:
- If we are able to resolve a complaint within 3 business days, we will issue the complainant with a summary resolution letter detailing our resolution and advising the customer of their right to refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
- For every complaint received that cannot be resolved within 3 business days, we will issue the complainant with an acknowledgement letter within 5 business days, along with a copy of our complaint’s procedure.
- We will advise the complainant on each communication when they can expect to hear from us next
- If after 4 weeks we are still not in a position to resolve a complaint, we will issue the complainant with a ‘4 week holding letter’ advising why we are not yet in a position to resolve the complaint.
- We will endeavour to resolve complaints in a timely manner and within 8 weeks as a maximum.
- If we cannot resolve a complaint within 8 weeks then we will remind complainants of their right to refer their complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (see final response letter templates).
- All complaints received and resolved will be recorded so we are able to identify trends and make the necessary business changes to improve the services to our customers and prevent repeat occurrences.
- If a 3rd party is solely responsible for the complaint or the reasons for the complaint, we will refer the complaint to them within 5 business days and write to the customer to make them aware of this.
- If a 3rd party is jointly responsible for the complaint with us, we will refer the complaint to them within 5 business days, write to the customer to make them aware of this, and then investigate and handle the complaint points relating to us as per our normal process.
If we cannot resolve your complaint
If we are unable to resolve your complaint within 8 weeks, we will:
- Send you a letter explaining our reasons for the delay and an indication of when we expect to provide our final response
The Financial Ombudsman Service
Our aim is to resolve all complaints internally. However, if after receiving our final response letter, or if eight weeks have passed, you may have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). Their contact details are shown over-leaf.
Financial Ombudsman Service
If you would like the Financial Ombudsman Service to look into your complaint you must contact them within six months of the date of our final response letter.
The Financial Ombudsman Service
London, E14 9SR
Telephone: 0800 023 4567
Further information can be obtained from the Financial Ombudsman Service’s website at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk